Your air ducts are linked to your HVAC system, but they’re also a favorite hiding place for dust, dirt and other allergens. If it’s been awhile since you’ve had your ducts cleaned, it could be circulating contaminants. Therefore, it’s important to invest in professional air duct cleaning.
At Connett Services, we use the most advanced technology to clean air ducts and vents in the Des Moines, IA area. Our technicians have the expertise and proper equipment to significantly improve your indoor air quality.
Your home's HVAC system plays a vital role in maintaining indoor air quality and comfort. Over time, however, the ductwork that circulates conditioned air throughout your home can accumulate dust, debris, and contaminants. Recognizing the signs that your air ducts need cleaning is essential for ensuring your family's health and the efficiency of your HVAC system.
At Connett Services LLC, we've compiled a list of key indicators to help you determine when it's time to schedule a professional air duct cleaning:
- Mold in your AC or furnace. Mold found on your air handler, AC or furnace isn’t usually a guarantee that the ductwork has been affected, but it certainly increases the chances.
- Your home has just been built or has undergone a major renovation. Construction is often very messy. Even when contractors are meticulous about closing off and cleaning work areas, dust and debris will always find its way in. And unless your HVAC system is kept completely covered and not turned on during the entire process, the dirt and debris will find its way into the ductwork.
- Increased heating and cooling costs. If you notice a sudden spike in your utility bills, your home’s ductwork might be partially to blame.
- Your home is very dusty regardless of how often you clean. If you notice that the surfaces in your house become dusty almost immediately after you’ve cleaned then, you probably need to hire an air duct cleaning company.
Regular air duct cleaning by a professional can address these issues, improve indoor air quality, and ensure the efficient operation of your HVAC system. If you've noticed any of these signs in your Des Moines, IA home, consider contacting Connett Services LLC for a comprehensive air duct inspection and cleaning.
Why is Air Duct Cleaning Important?
Over time, dust, dirt, pet dander, pollen and other contaminants build up inside the air ducts, making them a breeding ground for:
- And other microbes
When these pollutants are recirculated through your home, they negatively impact your family’s health and comfort. Your home’s indoor air quality is important and maintaining a comfortable and healthy environment requires you to have a clean, properly functioning HVAC system. Regular duct cleaning keeps allergens, pollutants, and mold out of your home’s indoor air.
The Benefits of Professional Air Duct Cleaning
Clean and well-maintained air ducts play a crucial role in maintaining the air quality, energy efficiency. Over time, dust, allergens, mold, and other contaminants can accumulate within your ductwork, negatively impacting both your indoor environment and HVAC system. At Connett Services, we're dedicated to helping you understand the numerous advantages of air duct cleaning and how it can enhance your well-being and property.
Here are some key benefits:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: One of the most significant benefits of air duct cleaning is the enhancement of indoor air quality. Contaminants like dust, allergens, pet dander, and even mold can accumulate in your ducts and circulate throughout your living or working spaces. Regular cleaning removes these pollutants, leading to cleaner, fresher air for you and your family or employees.
- Enhanced Respiratory Health: Clean air ducts can have a direct positive impact on respiratory health. For individuals with allergies, asthma, or sensitivities to airborne particles, air duct cleaning can significantly reduce the presence of allergens and irritants, helping to alleviate symptoms and improve breathing.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: When your air ducts are clogged with debris and contaminants, your HVAC system has to work harder to distribute conditioned air. This extra effort not only reduces energy efficiency but also leads to higher energy bills. Clean air ducts ensure optimal airflow, allowing your HVAC system to operate more efficiently and consume less energy.
- Extended HVAC System Lifespan: A well-maintained HVAC system can have a longer lifespan, saving you money on premature replacements. Clean air ducts help reduce wear and tear on your heating and cooling equipment, extending their longevity and reducing the need for costly repairs.
- Cost Savings: Lower energy bills and fewer repairs translate to cost savings over time. Air duct cleaning is an investment that can pay for itself through increased energy efficiency and reduced maintenance expenses.
- Reduction in Dust and Allergens: If you've ever found yourself constantly cleaning surfaces in your home due to dust buildup, dirty air ducts may be the culprit. Cleaning your ducts can significantly reduce the amount of dust circulating in your living or working spaces, leading to a cleaner environment that requires less frequent cleaning.
- Elimination of Unpleasant Odors: Lingering odors from cooking, pets, or other sources can become trapped in your ductwork. Air duct cleaning can help remove these odors, leaving your space smelling fresh and inviting.
Investing in professional air duct cleaning from Connett Services not only enhances the air quality in your Des Moines, IA home or business but also delivers a host of other benefits, including improved respiratory health, energy efficiency, and cost savings. It's a proactive step towards creating a healthier, more comfortable environment for you, your family, or your employees.
“Very good service from Brandon, David and Mike installing a new furnace and ac today. Thanks guys for all your hard work!”- Mike S.
“What a great group of people to do business with! I would highly recommend this group!”- Tione J.
“Chris was very nice to work with. He was very clear in his explanation of the tests that were run on my furnace and with his recommendations moving forward. He was very helpful!”- Kelly S.
The (NADCA) National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends homeowners have their air ducts cleaned every three to five years. Still, the timing depends on the region in which you live, how often you use your HVAC system and whether you have family members that have respiratory problems. In addition, mold and other pollutants causing a reaction may need more immediate air duct cleaning for the health of your home and family.